So as you know, most of the time when it’s a HAPPY HAPPY STORY it’s a really tragic, terribly sad story just read over happy music. Well, with today’s HAPPY HAPPY STORY…we ask you guys to find the SILVER LINING in the story as well!
A Georgia man says he was saved from a house fire thanks to his dog, Duncan, who later perished in the flames.Still hoarse from smoke inhalation, Scott Dunn of Marietta, Ga., says he is heartbroken after losing his beloved pet of two-and-a-half years. “He was the most lovable—just a wonderful dog,” said Dunn. “Every time I saw him, it was like I hadn’t seen him in years.”Dunn was asleep Monday night, when he woke at about three in the morning to find smoke “down to the floor” in his home.It was Duncan, a three-year-old boxer, who woke him in time. “He was just pawing at me. I thought he was trying to go out,” recalled Dunn.Dunn says he grabbed his keys and Duncan by his collar as he attempted to leave the house to get to his car. “The minute I opened the door, it was like the house exploded,” said Dunn. “The flames went from one end of the house to the other.”In the confusion Dunn didn’t realize that Duncan hadn’t made it out of the house.”I realized I only had his collar in my hand,” said Dunn. While Dunn tried to return to the house to rescue Duncan, the heat of the fire kept him out.”After [the fire] the fire fighters found him curled up in my bed,” said Dunn. “That’s where he would go when he was scared.”
AFTER THE STORY WE ASKED FOR YOUR SILVER LINING THOUGHTS ABOUT THIS: CHECK IT OUT HERE: